2019 in Review
We had six releases in 2019 and a total of 309 development changes - most of these changes were in direct response to customer requests. We were also able to view errors in a Microsoft dashboard that allowed us to get ahead of some customer requests and be more proactive at identifying and correcting errors.
I’m really pleased with that progress.
That being said, we did encounter a few bumps in 2019. In the interest of total transparency, here’s a quick list:
• FT4 – We were never able to get this coded. The delays are 100% related to our inability to describe it in such a way that a developer could code it. We sought (and received) a lot of advice along the way and; great news, we’ve finally identified what needs to be done.
• Slow callsign lookups when using QRZ’s XML subscription – The 6.7 release contained a complete (and necessary) rewrite to the callsign lookup code. Following the release, we received reports of slow callsign lookups when customers were using QRZ’s XML service. The issue only affected about 15% of users and it took us longer than I’d hoped to identify what turned out to be a typo in the two lines of code that reference the DNS entry for QRZ’s XML service. Glad we got that sorted out.
• We’ve had reports of an error in DM-780 for some users that says, “Encountered an improper argument.” We’re hard at work to track the cause of this issue down.
I hope you, our clients, understand that your satisfaction is our priority and we are always hard at work to improve our product. I’ve listened to your feedback regarding the 6.7 release and want you to know that we take it seriously. Since Randy (K0CBH) and I became the sole owners/partners in the company in January 2017, we have dramatically improved the quality of our software and intend to continue to do so.