The purpose of this email has to do with the goal behind our original message from 2 years ago. That is - the goal of our development efforts was to reduce the development backlog. In doing this, we would apply an 80/20 approach. That is - 80% bug fixes and 20% minor enhancements. That's pretty much what we've done.
Here are some stats from the last 2 years:
· 22 releases published
· 559 development (Mantis) issues coded
· 256 of 559 were new and reported by developers coded
· 303 of 559 of these issues came off the development backlog
· An additional 232 items were investigated and closed without action
· 31 items were closed after re-testing
So overall, 822 items came off the development backlog in the past 2 years (559 + 232 + 31).